“I love Tagore and Nazrul, as well as patriotic songs…”

Kornia, whose rise to fame surged since her participation in the music reality show “Power Voice,” has continued on a successful musical career with a number of popular singles and albums to her name. Her on stage performances at concerts and shows have secured her as a firm favourite in the hearts of audiences, and today the artiste shares her interests outside of music, and more.

What do you like to do on weekends?

Kornia: On weekends I love hanging out and catching up with my friends. I love watching movies and going on long drives, and trying out new restaurants!

What is your favourite restaurant to eat at?

Kornia: Peda Ting Ting, Tastebud, and Nandos are some of my favourites.

What are you currently working on?

Kornia: I am about to start working on a new music video featuring a new single. The title of the song is not fixed yet, but the plan is to release the video before Eid-ul Fitr.

Is there a genre of music you haven't explored yet, but really want to?

Kornia: I love Tagore and Nazrul, as well as patriotic songs. I have never tried my hand in those areas, and would like to soon.

How do you prepare for a live or stage show?

Kornia: Preparing for a TV live show is vastly different from a stage performance. I am usually __more nervous on TV shows and prefer not to repeat old performances. There is also lesser freedom compared to concerts. On stage I am __more myself, and the audience is also freer to make their demands. Audience requests vary on the locality, for example concerts at corporate events have demands for more modern songs whilst audience in the rural areas have a special preference for folk songs.

Do you have any passions apart from singing?

Kornia: All my interests and aspirations surround music.